Hello and Happy New Year to my dear, long-lost internet friends - how are you? I hope you're all recovering from a wonderful holiday season and looking forward to great things in the year to come. As you might have noticed, I've been on a rather significant break from blogging, but I promise to rectify that in the coming weeks as I catch up on the rather extensive backlog of sessions and weddings I've accumulated. But I wanted to post before the year was out, and since the last days of December are always a rather introspective time - looking back on all that has happened and thinking about hopes and goals for the coming year - I thought I'd cap the year with a post of that nature. It's been a big one...
- Speaking at the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International conference in front of a group of 3000+
- Having my business card featured on moo.com for innovative design
- Officially quitting my "day job" and becoming a full-time photographer
- Taking first (and second!) prize in the Raleigh PortraitPalooza competition
- Presenting at the Wedding Photographic Society conference in August
- Launching Cameras and Cocktails, my take on an intro to digital photography class
- and last, but most certainly not least, the December 1st opening of my new studio in downtown Durham... which has been a large part of the reason I've been MIA recently (photos and more info to come very soon)!
Of course, none of those things would've been possible without an ever-growing and totally amazing roster of clients... a quick rundown of which you'll find below. Thank you to each and every one of you and all the very best in 2013!